Thursday, February 12, 2009

love windows too

a friend convinced me to sign up for a valentines card exchange, and this is the card I ended up making. I really like the card I made last year, "love windows," and decided to do a slightly fancier version of that one. to make this card, start with a piece of dark pinkish cardstock that is 4 1/4 x 11 in. fold in half. at the top of the card fold a 1/2 in. border, and glue together. punch two small holes about 1 in. apart in the middle. cut out four 1 1/2 x 2 in squares of cream cardstock. glue to the card. sew around each of the squares. cut out the letters "l, v, e" using a punch, diecut, or cricut. carefully color the edges of the letters to make them stand out. (or if you use a cricut, they make these markers that you use to draw the letters before they are cut out). glue the letters to their correct windows. cut out a heart using chipboard (a very thick, dense piece of cardboard-like paper). cut a heart out of patterned pink paper, that is the same size as the chipboard. glue the two together. you can use sandpaper to smooth the edges together. glue the heart to the correct window. finally, use raffia to make a flat bow through holes on the top of the card.

5 comments:

Jess said...

Hi Laska! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting about the card you received from me :) I loved your card too! I couldn't believe you sewed all of those cards! But I'm not great with sewing straight lines, so that's probably why I'm amazed :) I'm glad I got your card, and congrats on being in the Little Birdies' top ten!
Jessica

katielyn said...

I loved your card too! What a fun idea! Also, I'm in shock by all of that sewing too. I'm totally going to cardlift this idea! Thanks for sharing.

April said...

Congrats to you too! I am SHOCKED to be in the top ten. I think I received at least ten others that I thought could have made it in. Especially yours!!

Joy said...

I got one of your cards. So cute! Thanks for the instructions. Check out my blog. www.joyslightbulbs.blogspot.com

Beth McC. said...

I got your card in the swap and I LOVED IT!! It was great and I loved the sewing!