Thursday, October 9, 2008

love windows

this card has a kind of funny story. the school was doing some valentines activity this last year - cookie decorating, card making, probably some other stuff I don't remember. I convinced my friend that we should make a card, and this is what I made. it's all free cut - no rulers or punches, just me and some scissors, and she seemed to think I was amazing. it's not really that hard, so please don't also praise me...I'm not that awesome.


to make this card, cut out a rectangle of red paper (thicker paper will be better). then cut out a slightly smaller rectangle of pink paper. glue them together so there is a border of the red paper. cut out four square-ish shapes from white paper. glue them in a 2x2 pattern in the middle of the pink paper. cut out the letters "L", "V", and "E", and a heart. after being cut out, outline them with a black maker. glue them onto the white windows. pierce two holes in the top of the card, about 3/4 of an inch or so apart. then cut thin strips of white paper, a little longer than the width of the card. weave the paper through the holes on the top of the card. using the scissors, curl the thin strips of paper like you would balloon ribbon.

No comments: